Australian Social Investment Trust (ASIT) provides leading-edge services and expertise across three business streams to value-matched partners and clients – government, non-government, philanthropists and big and small business.
We work with partners and clients to establish, enable and amplify sustainable, long-term, positive social and economic impact.
We are benevolent, sector-neutral collaborators and facilitators of positive social and economic impact. We work in communities, with communities, based on collective impact principles. We research solutions-to-reality, using evidence to inform our work, and blend international evidence with local issues and experience.
What we do
- Enable infrastructure to support and empower socially disadvantaged communities and individuals in a way that positively impacts their lives.
- Provide innovative governance and management, planning and implementation, measure and evaluation.
- Influence, enable and incubate system change initiatives for long-term social and economic benefit to society.
- Collaboratively design – with beneficiaries, partners and influencers – programs and initiatives to create platforms for whole-of-community opportunities.
- Tackle complex, intractable social challenges head on, in a measured way.
- Enable long-term social investment that provides sustainable economic return to society and beneficiaries.
- Positively influence how organisations and corporations develop and implement business opportunities for positive economic and social impact.
How we do it
- SUSTAINABLE SOLUTIONS Focus on social economic environmental sustainability – build capacity; works beyond funding, political and administrative cycles
- COLLABORATION Establish and maintain shared agenda, shared language, shared meaning
- INNOVATION Face issues head on and facilitate positive outcomes no matter how challenging or complex, taking measured risks and enabling new ways of operating
- EMPOWERMENT ‘Do with’ not ‘do to’ clients, partners, communities and customers
- ENGAGEMENT Build solid, sustainable relationships, maintain strong communication and keep client at the centre of our work
- RESPONSIVENESS Enable agile, dynamic and highly responsive managements and organisations
- EVIDENCE-BASED Robustly track and inform progress through measurement and evaluation
- NEUTRAL, BENEVOLENT FACILITATION Free of economic, commercial or vested interest– objectively facilitate solutions for the best interests of the whole - organisation, community, customer or public
- CUSTOMISED SOLUTIONS Co-create and facilitate solutions to suit specific issue, with its distinct complexities and moving parts
- BIG-PICTURE VISION WITH GRASSROOTS IMPLEMENTATION Vision of the journey and careful mapping out of how to get there allows solutions and actions to be grounded in reality, possibility and practicality